History of Washington Middle School

 

     Washington Jr. High School in 1920

Building

        Washington Middle School Present

Washington Middle School was named after George Washington, our first president.  The original building was completed on Kenosha's north side in 1920.  A 40,804 square foot addition was added in 1965 at a cost of $913,727.  This addition added the library, the cafeteria and several classrooms on the first and second floors.  An additional wing was built to house the locker rooms and gym.  In 2006, wireless internet access was completed throught the building.  The school is 99,600 square feet in size and sits on a 3.75 acre plot of land.