Washington Middle School
Academic Excellence is our goal.
Curtiss Tolefree, Principal
Dr. Cas'Sandra Brooks, Assistant Principal
We are Washington!
News You Can Use:
- There will be no school on Thursday, November 24th, and Friday, November 25th, due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Wednesday, November 23rd is a half day at Washington. Students will be dismissed at noon, and lunch will not be served.
- There will be no Saturday school on Saturday, November 25th, due to the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Payments for the sixth grade spring trip to Phantom Ranch are due on November 28th.
- Saturday school is from 8:30-noon every Saturday. All students are welcome to attend.
- All WMS parents are welcome to attend KUSD's Parents 911 class on Saturdays. Meet us in the Washington Cafeteria for doughnuts before the first class starts at 9:30.
- The eighth grade will be having a Panera fundraising night on December 6, 2016, from 4-8 p.m. Click here for more details, or check the WMS Facebook page to see our invite!
- Classes begin at 8:35 a.m. and end at 3:55 p.m. Monday-Thursday and end at 3:00 p.m. on Friday. Scholars may enter the building through their grade-level door at 8:25 a.m.
Breakfast opens at 8:00 a.m and ends at 8:25 a.m.; scholars must enter through door #11.
- No scholars should arrive at school before 8:00 a.m. unless they have a scheduled appointment with a teacher.
- See the "Announcements" page for more news you can use.
Students may check out Kajeet, a mobile hotspot that offers internet usage to students at home with the same filters and protections they would have while at school, FREE at the Washington Middle School library.
Visit Ms. Barth in the library for specific program details or kajeet.net to learn more.
Click here to download a Kajeet permission form.
Our School Vision Statement...
The learning community of Washington Middle School will achieve academic excellence by embracing growth mindset and actively participating in collaborative learning through the use of best practices while encouraging leadership and responsibility for future success.